This one day instructor-led class is designed to give Power BI report creators a detailed overview of how visualizations can be used to tell meaningful stories to consumers of the data.
Who should attend this class:
Power BI report creators that want to learn about the different Visualizations that exist in the Power BI Desktop environment.
Attendees should already be familiar with creating a report in Power BI or should have attended the Spindustry “Getting Started with Power BI” class.
What will be covered in this class:
During this class we will cover the following:
These topics will be covered very briefly, as an overview, to make sure everyone has the same terminology and understanding of how these items work:
- Transforming data with Power Query
- Transforming data with DAX
These topics will be covered in detail and are related to creating meaningful reports using different visualizations
- Choosing the best visualization
- Bar Charts
- Line, Area, and Ribbon Charts
- Waterfalls and Funnels
- Pie and Doughnut
- KPI and Key Influencers
- Table and Matrix
- Miscellaneous Visualizations
- Getting more visualizations
- Filtering a visualization
- Filtering a Page
- Filtering a Report
- Accepting Parameters
- Creating Drill through reports
- Formatting Visualizations and Dynamic Formatting of Visualizations
At the end of this engagement, your team will be able to create dynamic, interactive, meaningful reports using various visualizations that are appropriate for the report.