The Farmers' Buying Journey - Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association’s Supply Summit - April 2021
Spindustry surveyed over 700 farmers to create this attitudinal study – and interesting results.
Michael Bird of Spindustry had the opportunity to speak at the Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association’s Supply Summit in April of 2021. With a focus on manufacturing members meeting with current or potential suppliers, the Supply Summit offers unique opportunities to build not only business relationships, but friendships as well. Attendees of this meeting learn from speakers during business sessions along with networking on the golf course or shooting range.
Michael spoke on the farmer’s buying journey and provided information on how farmers go about researching and buying agricultural parts and equipment. Spindustry surveyed over 700 farmers to create this attitudinal study – and interesting results.
Highlights from the presentation included the following findings:
- Farmers start with search engines and visiting websites REGARDLESS of their intent to buy online
- While the internet was #1, sources including Print Catalogs and YouTube (specifically) were used by over 50% of those researching; both of those sources were higher than we expected for different reasons
- Social Media, however, was only used by 13% of those surveyed during the shopping experience
- Once someone buys from you online, they are over 70% likely to buy from you again
These observations and many more were shared during the presentation. Lots of questions and a good discussion followed. On Friday there was a panel discussion where marketing and e-commerce were again among the topics followed by a breakout session where Michael reviewed existing websites and answered more questions.
If you are interested in accessing the entire findings or having Michael speak at an upcoming event, please contact Michael directly at [email protected].
About the Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association
Formed in 1950, the Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association serves as resource and advocate for the shortline farm equipment industry. The association represents manufacturers of specialized agricultural equipment, their suppliers, and their distributors. You can learn more at https://www.farmequip.org.
Spindustry is celebrating its 25th anniversary. Spindustry focuses on e-commerce, web application development and SharePoint / Office 365 solutions. You can learn more at https://www.spindustry.com.
- 1370 NW 114th Street, Suite 300
- Des Moines, Iowa 50325