This 4-hour, instructor-led introduction to Power BI and related concepts is designed to provide students with the knowledge they need to create and publish meaningful reports. The course helps students understand Power BI tools and gives them a pattern to use when creating reports.
There are no prerequisites for this class. A basic understanding of data would be helpful for students.
At the end of this class, students will be able to choose data sources, transform data, create visualizations, and publish their report to the Power BI service online.
The following topics will be covered in this class:
- Introduction to BI concepts
- Introduction to Power BI
- Understanding Data Sources in Power BI
- Transforming Data in Power BI
- Introduction to Modeling Data in Power BI
- Overview of Relationships
- Overview of DAX
- Overview of Calculations and Measures
- Working with Visualizations in Power BI
- Creating Reports
- Publishing Reports
- Power BI (Online)