Excel Gantt Charts
OLEX12- *This course qualifies for 3.5 CPE credits*
Learn Excel from the comfort of your office or home.
Learn how to create Gantt Charts in Excel. A Gantt chart is a type of bar chart that illustrates a project schedule.
This two-hour Live Instructor-led course will explore various ways to create Gantt charts in Excel. We will explore using already created Templates to complete a Gantt chart; creating a 3-D bar chart to identify our projects; and creating detailed Gantt charts that include formulas, conditional formatting, data validation, workdays and scrollbars to easily view your dates.
This course is good for anyone that needs to create Gantt Charts or needs to track the status of a project.
This class is using charting features and more intermediate features of Excel. It is recommended that you are familiar with the basics of Excel.
- Use a Gantt chart template
- Create a basic Gantt chart using a 3-D bar chart
- Modify the chart to add axis labels, change the order of the tasks
- Change the horizontal value axis
- Add the data table for easy readability
- Create a project plan chart using formulas and conditional formatting
- use a formula to calculate the duration of a task
- use conditional formatting to format the completed and pending tasks
- set number format so text is no longer visible
- add data validation to select status of task or a date
- add conditional formatting to add a dashed line
- Create a detailed Gantt chart using workday functions and a scrollbar
- add workdays to a Gantt chart
- make the dates dynamic
- add conditional formatting to data bars to show progress
- add conditional formatting to highlight the current date
- create a scrollbar to move to various dates in the chart