Michael Bird from Spindustry Strategy to Judge at Creative Capital Pitch Session held on Thursday, Jan. 28, 2010 1/28/2010 5:03:24 PM
Michael Bird from Spindustry Strategy will be a judge at the Creative Capital Pitch Session held on Thursday, Jan. 28, 2010.
The next Creative Capital Pitch Session will be held on Thursday, Jan. 28 at Dos Rios is Des Moines. This will be Silicon Prairie News' first event held in Des Moines and we’re excited to work with two new partners: Paragon IT Professionals and the Technology Association of Iowa.
If you’re unfamiliar with the format, it’s three rounds, and the first begins today:
- Round One: Create and upload a one-minute video pitch of your idea to YouTube and complete the submission form by 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 19; eight contestants will be notified of their acceptance Wednesday, Jan. 20.
- Round Two: Jan. 28, Dos Rios restaurant, each contestant receives five minutes to pitch a panel of judges and the audience.
- Round Three: (also Jan. 28, at Dos Rios) Judges select three finalists; a Q&A between the finalists and judges is held; the audience votes to determine the winner. Winner takes home $1,000, no strings attached.
Here’s a few more details followed by an FAQ. If you have additional questions, leave a comment and we’ll promptly answer it. To view the press release on the competition, visit Paragon's blog.
- Date: Thursday, Jan. 28
- Time: Doors open at 6 p.m., competition begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Dos Rios (316 Court Avenue), Des Moines
For more information, visit here
To view the 8 finalist videos, visit here
Back to News